Thursday, July 12, 2012

PW's Strawberry Sparkle Cake: SA Style

I love the Pioneer Woman.  I look at her blog weekly. I think almost every week, I'm trying a new recipe from her, and loving every single one.  On the fourth of July, I saw her post of the Strawberry Sparkle Cake... I didn't even read the post, because I saw the strawberry filling and knew there was no way I could pull it off... strawberries have been gone here for months.

But a few days later, on a whim, I went back and read the recipe.  And I had a stroke of genius. Strawberry crush.  Have you ever bought a crush?  I bought a bottle just out of curiosity a few weeks ago, and turns out, the strawberry crush has real whole strawberries and is really sweet and yummy.  It made the perfect filling for this cake!  It turned out great, except for the whipped cream frosting, which I didn't expect to work anyway.  The regular Amul cream is only 25% fat, and to properly whip cream, it needs to have at least 40% fat... anyone had success getting a heavy high fat cream for whipping? What's it called?!?

Head on over to Pioneer Woman for this recipe, grab a bottle of Strawberry crush, and make this yummy cake this week!


2 comments:

  1. You must be able to get a lot more stuff than us! I can only get the things I need for very few of her recipes. What I'm able to try is good. Just not able to try much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SB, I am finding more and more import style stuff here... but the reason I like her recipes is they seem (to me, at least) to use pretty basic ingredients: meat, vegetables, dairy, mostly things I can find here or creatively substitute. I recently tried her white chicken enchiladas, and loved it, because it didn't call for any cream soup. I think I remember you saying once that you can't find much dairy/cream or cheese... that would make it really hard. South Asians love their dairy! :) That helps me a lot with substitutions...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...