Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Meal Planning

After the first few months of living in South Asia, I found that meal planning was totally necessary to my mental sanity. :) It's really a lot of work to cook American meals, and in order not to be running to the store everyday or even three times a week, planning helps me so much. So I thought I'd start sharing our weekly meal plans from time to time.

For awhile I set up a rotation of 28 dinners and had them on four weekly spreadsheets, complete with grocery lists for each week. Then I'd just have to print that week's grocery list and go shopping. But after a few months, we got bored of those same 28 dinners and I needed to branch out. So I don't use them much anymore, but I do still plan week by week.

Here's this week's menu:

Monday- L: Loki Masala and chapatis
D: Jambalaya and Cornbread

Tuesday- L: Daal Chawal
D: Beef Enchiladas, Corn and Bean Salad, Chips

Wednesday- L: Rajma and Rice
D: Chicken Pot Pie

Thursday- L: Aloo Shimla Mirch and Chapatis
D: Spaghetti and Italian Salad

Friday- L: Who knows!
D: Falafel and Pita bread, with Spinach, Couscous and Lentil Salad

I'd love to hear some of your weekly meal plans as well! I always need new ideas! :)


1 comment:

  1. To simplify life, I've just been cycling the same foods every week. I have too many other tasks to take care of than to come up with something new every week (though I do leave room to try something new if I have the time/energy).

    These are our favorites:
    Quesadillas
    Chicken and Dumplings
    Sandwiches
    Cheese/Veggie Pizza
    Omelets
    Pancakes
    Lentil Soup

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...