Thursday, February 3, 2011

Breaded Ranch Chicken

This is a recipe I grew up eating. It's quick and easy, and really yummy.  I usually serve it with mashed potatoes and some kind of green vegetable for a balanced meal... I admit it does use some imported ingredients.  You'll have to forgive that... we try to always have parmesan cheese on hand. My husband always says barbecue sauce and parmesan cheese are his two favorite foods.  I always say, Neither of those are real foods. :) 
I admit, I serve this with mashed potatoes and corn this time, two starches! :)  I was out of anything green... oh well.


Breaded Ranch Chicken

3/4 c. crushed cornflakes
¾ c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix, or 3 T. of ranch powder, if you get it in those tall cylinders
8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 lbs.)
1/4 c. (50-60g, 1/2 a 100 g. box) butter or margarine, melted

In a shallow bowl, combine cornflakes, cheese and mix. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in cornflake mixture to coat. I mean, really get it coated, push it in, mash it down...  Place in a greased 9x13 baking pan. Bake, uncovered at 350˚ for 45 minutes or until chicken juice runs clear. (It almost always takes less than 45 minutes in my oven, more like 30.) I'm marking this 40 minutes or Less, because it's way less than 40 minutes of active kitchen time.  The cooking time may take it over...

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! It tastes so good. It was ready in 30 minutes. Debbie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...