Monday, April 11, 2011

Apple Barbecue Chicken

I have a new commitment to try to post more quick and easy recipes for dinner... because I need to work on trimming my meal prep time and because I know most of us love quick, simple meals that taste great.  Here's one we tried this week and all really liked!  Nothing fancy, just simple and good (and fast!)





4 chicken breast halves, boneless
1/2 t. pepper
1 T. olive oil
2/3 c. chunky applesauce
2/3 c. spicy BBQ sauce
2 T. brown sugar
1 t. chili powder

Sprinkle chicken with pepper.  In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.  In a small bowl., combine the remaining ingredients.  Pour over chicken.  Cover and cook 7-10 minutes longer. 

I served this with garlicky brown rice (recipe in next post), and buttered peas. I think it would be better with steamed broccoli, but I didn't get to the market that day, so frozen peas it was! :) 
*borrowed my from my friend Terra's blog: Barefoot con Terra

2 comments:

  1. Hey there. I'm new to Delhi (from Colorado) and Mindy B mentioned your blog. I'm loving all your ideas. But I'm needing some help on where to find things like: boneless chicken breasts. Suggestions? Thanks for all the great tips on your site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katrina! I'd be happy to help, and glad you're enjoying the blog. If you're in Delhi, there's lots of places to get boneless chicken breasts. I lived in Nizamuddin and my favorite place was Quick Chick in New Friends' Colony, they'd deliver to my door. I'm sure there are places in GK 1 as well. There's also a couple of butchers in Khan Market who have it, or also at Pig Po in Jor Bagh. Mindy might have some other suggestions. : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...