Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Shish-Ka-Bobs

My mom used to make this growing up, and it was one of my favorites.  I just loved grilled pineapple!


Shish-Ka-Bobs

¼ c. soy sauce
¼ c. cider vinegar
2 T. honey
2 T. vegetable oil
2 green onions, minced
4 chicken breasts, cubed
1 pineapple, cubed
1-2 green peppers, cut into squares
1 white or yellow onion, cut into squares

Combine soy sauce, cider vinegar, honey, oil and green onions in a large bowl.  Marinade four chicken breasts, cut up or whole.  Marinate for four hours or longer.  Skewer with green pepper, onion and pineapple.  Grill.

I do these on my stove top grill.  You could also do them in the oven if you need to!  They are so tender and wonderful! I served it with a jamaican-y rice with peas and watermelon slices.  Quick and easy!

For the rice: I simply took some leftover white steamed rice from lunch, melted some butter in the skillet and added 1/2 t. cumin seeds, or thereabout.  I let them sizzle, then added about 1 t. of jamaican curry powder (that I had brought from the states, yes, sorry, but it's mostly turmeric and a few other spices...).  I threw in some frozen peas and the white rice and stirred it up, little salt and pepper.  Done!

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! I have a VERY similar recipe and pictures waiting in my line up of things to post! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SB, it seems like we're always thinking along the same lines! : ) Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...