Thursday, March 28, 2013

Chicken with Creamy Mustard Sauce-from PW


I love the Pioneer Woman. I've said it before.  I'll say it many times in the future. Many of her recipes are so easy to adapt to our available food items.  I keep trying to win a KitchenAid mixer or Le Crueset pot from her.  But it's not working for some reason.  : )

I try to attempt at new PW recipe almost at least once a week.  They pretty much never fail. This is one that I will keep in rotation for awhile, because it was very quick, and very tasty, and my whole family loved it.  My kids even said they wanted to give me a reward for making the best chicken ever, what would I like?  I said "Kids who listen and obey all day tomorrow!" : ) 

The original PW recipe is here.  This is how I tweaked it for our South Asian non-alcoholic version: 

Chicken with Creamy Mustard Sauce-PW Style

4 whole chicken breasts
2 T. olive oil
2 T. butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 c. chicken broth/ 1 cube buillion in 1 c. water
1 T. Dijon mustard (I used Remia imported brand)
1 T. grainy mustard (I used Fun Foods English Mustard)
1/2 c. heavy cream
Water for thinning
1 t. sugar
1 T. red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste

Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise for eight thin pieces.  Salt and pepper both sides.  

Heat oil and butter together in a skillet over medium-high heat.  Cook chicken on both sides until golden brown.  Remove chicken to a plate. 

Reduce the heat to medium.  Add the garlic to the pan and saute for a minute, make sure it doesn't burn.  Add the chicken broth/bullion, and cook to reduce it to half.  Add both mustards and stir.  Add the red wine vinegar and stir with a whisk to combine.  Add the cream.  If sauce seems thick, add a bit of water.  Add sugar, salt and pepper, adjusting seasonings to your taste.  Place the chicken back in the sauce and cook for just a couple of minutes.  Serve with sauce on top of chicken!

PW suggest serving this with a green salad.  We had this with a fresh green bean salad, and it was a big hit. I'll definitely be making this again! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...