Monday, September 28, 2009

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

I'm so sorry it's been over a week since I posted anything, although since there are no comments on any of the posts so far, I'm doubting anyone missed me at all. :) We were up north in the mountains on a little vacation last week.

Since we've been here, I've tried several different recipes for those yummy Red Lobster biscuits, but they just never get even close. Tonight, I found on that I thought would come close, and tweaked it until I thought it might be just right. They were awesome! Here's what I did.


Cheddar Bay Biscuits


2 c. all-purpose flour

1 T. baking powder

1/4-1/2 t. salt

1 (100g) pack of Amul butter, cut into small squares

1 c. milk

3 garlic cloves, crushed or pressed

1 c. finely shredded cheddar cheese


Topping:

1/4 c. melted butter

1/2 t. parsley

dash of garlic powder, if you have it

1/4 t. salt


Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add garlic and stir to combine. Add butter and blend in with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles cornmeal. Add milk and cheddar and stir with a fork until combined. Let rest a few minutes.


Meanwhile, melt butter in small bowl. Add parsley, garlic powder and salt. Stir to combine.


Scoop biscuits onto an ungreased baking pan in 1/4 c. portions. Brush parsley butter generously over the top of each biscuit, till it runs down the sides and gathers around the edges. Bake at 225 for 15-20 minutes or until golden on top. Finish with a last brushing of the parsley butter. Makes about 10 biscuits.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this! Those biscuits are the best! I could make a meal out of them alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left out the most vital ingredient!!! 1 c. of finely shredded cheddar in the dough. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...