Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mexican Casserole

"When you need a Mexican food fix, here's a very quick and easy recipe. I can find Senor Pepito tortilla chips (jalapeno flavored) in my town at Good Bakery or Spencers. I also make my own cream of chicken for this recipe. I know you can use the Maggi packets, but I'm just not into Indi-Mex food." - RachelR

Ingredients:
1 bag Senor Pepitos jalapeno tortilla chips
1 can cream of chicken soup
2-3 tomatoes, chopped
Half an onion, chopped
1 chicken, cooked an deboned
1 Taco Seasoning packet
Grated cheese


Saute the onions and tomatoes in a little oil. When done, add the cream of chicken and heat through. In a skillet, cook your chicken in a taco seasoning packet according to directions.

In an 8x8 casserole dish, cover the bottom with chips, then put chicken, soup mixture, then cheese, and then repeat layers one more time. Top with cheese. Cook in the oven til bubbly.

I've also added in a layer of beans when I've made this, but you'll want to season those with taco seasoning as well, otherwise the casserole is a little bland.

Makes about 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...