Monday, September 20, 2010

Easy Mexican Creamy Corn

I came up with this last night, it was so quick and yummy! Makes a great side dish for fajitas or tacos or anything else Mexican...

1 bag of frozen corn
3-4 cubes of Kiri cream cheese, cut into small pieces
1/2-1 c. milk
2 t. cumin
2 t. American chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Boil the corn until soft and cooked. Strain water out. Return to gas. Add milk and cream cheese and still till combined and smooth. Add spices and cook until well blended.

That's it! You can also make this just a regular creamed corn by omitting the cumin and chili powder and throwing some finely chopped green onions in there. :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! We do not have frozen bagged corn here but I can get cans of whole kernel corn. Any idea how many American sized cans of corn I would need to match your one bag?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.. I'd bet the medium bag is about 2-3 cups of corn. I have no idea how many cans that would be, I've never looked for canned corn here! : ) But hopefully this helps!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...