Thursday, January 13, 2011

Grilled Moroccan Chicken

I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it's been a part of our menu rotation for a long time! It's one of our favorite meals. I usually serve it with couscous and sauteed green beans.

Grilled Moroccan Chicken

1/2 c. olive oil

1/8 c. red wine vinegar

2 T. ground cumin

1 T. ground coriander

1 t. ground cinnamon

1 t. salt

1 t. sugar

¼ t. cayenne pepper

1 whole chicken, cut into pieces

¼ cup minced fresh parsley, optional


Whisk first 8 ingredients in large glass baking dish. Add all chicken, turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill 4-6 hours.


Prepare barbecue over medium heat. Place marinade-coated chicken on barbecue. Grill chicken until just cooked through, occasionally brushing with any remaining marinade, about 10 minutes per side for breasts and about 12 minutes per side for leg and thigh pieces. Transfer chicken to platter. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.


If you don't have a barbecue as most of us in South Asia don't, you can also cook this in the oven. I line the baking tray (that came with the oven) with foil, and place it in the bottom of the oven. Then I place the chicken on the wire rack in the center and cook them until they're done and juices run clear.

3 comments:

  1. I actually got this recipe from you while you were still in NC... this post makes me want to cook it, I haven't in a while. I just pulled out the print out of the recipe that you gave me, to see if it indicated where you got it from, but it doesn't. It just says "by Chia" ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I know I got it from website, but have NO idea which one, it was so many years ago! :) Love you, Jasmine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm blind! It was right on the print out... bon appetit!
    Love this blog, I am getting so inspired to cook, really cook... like you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...